Cook Forest State Park & Clear Creek State Park:
Regardless of the season, there is a reason to visit Cook Forest State Park & Clear Creek State Park. Whether it’s to enjoy the splendor of the mountain laurel and rhododendron, see the spectacular fall foliage, or to play in a virtual winter wonderland, Cook Forest State Park and Clear Creek State Park are waiting for you!
Numerous Cook Forest attractions, Cook Forest restaurants, Cook Forest shops, historic sites and Cook Forest accommodations are located within close proximity to the parks. Search the Cook Forest Business Directory to find Cook Forest Things-To-Do, Cook Forest Places-to-Eat, Cook Forest Places-To-Stay (including Cook Forest Campgrounds, Cook Forest Cabins, Cook Forest Lodges), Cook Forest Places-To-Shop and Cook Forest Recreational opportunities are plentiful for all ages and interests:
• Explore an ancient forest.
• Bike on a scenic bicycle trail.
• Bird watching — over 90 species have been identified
throughout the parks.
• Hike on miles of trails fit for novice to the experienced hiker.
• Canoe, kayak or tube down the Clarion River, a nationally
designated wild and scenic waterway.
• Spend the afternoon at a fun park and enjoy the water slides,
go-karts, bumper boats, miniature golf and more!
• Geocaching, try your luck at finding one of our area caches.
• Go horseback riding along forested trails.
• Swim in the Clarion River.
• Plan your vacation during one of the many fairs and
festivals. Visit a local flea market.
• Winter activities include cross country skiing, ice skating,
sled riding, hiking and/or building a snowman for the
Snowman Building Contest.
For your convenience, the Cook Forest Vacation Bureau has compiled this member website. For specific information or reservations, please contact the facility of your choice.
Cook Forest Events & Cook Forest Things-To-Do:
Bring your family & friends to Cook Forest events, Clear Creek events, Cook Forest activities, Clear Creek activities and discover other Cook Forest Things-To-do by visiting the Cook Forest Events Calendar.
MAY THROUGH SEPTEMBER
– Outdoor Festivals at Sawmill Art Center, www.sawmill.org
– Sawmill Center for the Arts, Summer Theater 814-927-5275
– Groundhog Day – Punxsutawney www.groundhog.org Feb. 2
– Cook Forest Snowman in the Forest, Feb 18
– Cook Forest Half Marathon & Fun Run, April 1
– Ongoing Geocaching
– Trout Season opens, April 15
– Easter Sunrise Service, April 16
– Kids Fishing Derby at Clear Creek, May 6
– Tour de Forest, Marienville’s ATV Ride, 3rd weekend in May, 814-927-6609
– Clarion Wine Walk 814-226-9161
– Woodsy Owl Workday at Clear Creek, May 13
– Folk Music Contest at Sawmill Art Center, May 13
– AA Conference, May 20-22
– Cook Forest Living History Weekend, May 26-28
– Fish for Free Day, May 28
– Herb Festival with soup & lunch at the Sawmill, June 3 & 4
– Children’s Fishing Rodeo, Cook Forest State Park 814-744-8407, June 4
– Laurel Festival Brookville 814-849-4751
– French & Indian War Encampment at Cook Forest State Park 814-744-8407, June 10 & 11
– FIsh for Free Day, July 4
– Cook Forest Woodcarving Show & Competition, July 22 & 23
– Groundhog Festival, Punxsutawney www.punxsutawneyphil.com/festival
– Jefferson County Fair 814-265-0640
– Clarion County Fair 814-365-5179
– “I Love Clarion” Celebration, www.clarionpa.com
– Cook Forest Winefest in the Forest
– Art Festival & Quilt Show at Sawmill Art Center, Aug 19 & 20
– Summer Festival + Quilt Show, August 20-21 at the Sawmill, Aug 20 & 21
– Lumber Heritage Day, 814-849-4661
– Warren County Fair 814-563-3635
– AA Conference, Sept 9 & 10
– Chain Saw Carvers at Sawmill Art Center, Sept 15, 16 & 17
– MS Bike Tour www.nationalmssociety.org/pax, Sept 16
– Autumn Leaf Festival, Clarion, PA Sept 30 – Oct 8
– Tour de Forest, Marienville’s ATV Ride, 814-927-6609
– Woodsy Owl Workday, Cook Forest State Park, 814-744-8407, Oct 21
– Foxburg Festival, www.gofoxburg.com
– Cook Forest Gingerbread Tour, Nov 3,4 & 5
– “A Christmas Present” Tour, Rimersburg, 814-473-8149
– Victorian Christmas, Brookville 814-849-3437
– “Christmas in the Country” St. Joseph’s Church,
– Annual Clarion Co. Festival of Trees, www.stjosephlucinda.org
Visit Cook Forest State Park and Clear Creek State Park with your family & friends. The Cook Forest Vacation Bureau is the official tourism & travel guide for Cook Forest State Park and Clear Creek State Park.
Video courtesy of PA Great Outdoors